Due to my CVS Extra Bucks (of course) I was able to get a bottle of the Combination/Oily formula on the cheap. I'm pale, but I've got my spring glow going on, so I was able to buy the shade one step up from bloated white corpse. It was very exciting even though it's indicative of sun damage in 50 degree weather while wearing SPF 30. Sigh.
Here are my tips for successfully using a Colorstay foundation:
- Exfoliate. Long-wearing foundations will accentuate every nook, cranny, and flake you have on your face. Scrub it off!
- Moisturize and Protect. Slather on your sunscreen (I'm quite partial to Aveeno's Positively Radiant SPF Moisturizer).
- Use a Foundation Brush. This formula dries quickly and can be streaky, so putting it on with your fingers can be a challenge. I use a fluffy foundation brush and start with my nose and work outward. I just want a thin layer for a little coverage. If you need full coverage, you can definitely achieve that with this formula.
- If you need concealer, apply it over the foundation. Counter-intuitive I know. Just believe me.
- I use a liquid highlighter on my cheekbones and a dab on my chin.
- I don't finish with a powder. You know me and matte. We don't get along.
This is my new go to for work days. Keep on exfoliating ladies!