Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Review: ALMAY Pure Blends Foundation and Loose Powder

I like ALMAY and I really, really wanted to fall in love with this product line and run away together to some tropical island, but it wasn't meant to be. My skin is super sensitive, so I thought the 97.4% natural ingredients would be a totally refreshing change.



Not so much.

The only change I noticed from the foundation is that I was a greasy mess. It provides little to no coverage. I don't mind light coverage. I like make-up that lets your skin breath and show through. Make-up is an enhancement, not a disguise. This formula just did not work for me. It was also extremely pink. I looked like a mortuary cosmetic school fail.

I held out hope, however, for the radiant loose finishing powder. I've expressed my dislike of being completely matte before, so I of course purchased the formula with what I though was going to be a a little pearly.




This shit had Edward Cullen sparkles in it. Large flakes of mica. It was kind of tragic. Much like Twilight.

In closing gentle readers, I suggest staying the hell away from ALMAY Pure Blends. Try Physician's Formula Organic Wear instead. It doesn't make you a twinkling vampiric shell of your former self. 
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment