Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Review: Olay Definity Color Recapture

I noticed that the hands of time aren't being kind to my skin. There are changes in texture and some fine lines. I decided to be proactive and throw some damn product at it before it was too late.

There are so many products to choose from it's ridiculous. I chose the Definity Color Recapture for several reasons:

  • Oil of Olay is a "trusted" brand.
  • The promises sounded pretty good:
    • Anti-Aging UV moisturizer that penetrates deep and hydrates to diminish the appearance of discoloration and wrinkles over time
    • SPF 15 for broad spectrum protection against damaging UVA/UVB rays
    • Sheer illuminating coverage to instantly even skin
  •  The swirl in the bottle looked super fancy.
  • I had a CVS coupon.
The Good:
  • I have noticed a positive change in my skin texture, tone, and a reduction in fine lines over time.
  • I have very sensitive skin and there was no irritation. 
  • The swirl is still there and remains fancy.
  • Lightly moisturizing.
  • Pale enough for me!
The Bad:
  • If you wear this alone you will look like a shiny demon. It literally looks like your face has been dipped in a plasticized preservative. You might be confused with Nicole Kidman leaving her botox factory.
  • It can "peel" when rub your face or out other make-up over it.
The Ugly: Despite it's flaws, it's a great product. You will see an improvement in your skin. You can cover up the creepy sheen and go about your day knowing your skin is lookin' better.

Heart,

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. The last time I used olay it smelled like my moms which squashes my business time. What's the stink on this, yo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's business, it;s business time!

    The Definity Line doesn't smell like yo mama. I have other products in the line too, and they smell kinda awesome, not like the classic pink lotion of yesteryear.

    Bottom line, it smells like face lotion, but good face lotion.

    ReplyDelete