Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Review: Physician's Formula Mineral Wear

I have to start this post by saying I am truly, madly, deeply in lurve with the products I have tried in this line. The review is going to be biased because as I sit here at 9:30pm, my skin is glowing with mineral perfection. For reals.

I'm allergic to the world, so mineral lines appeal to me and my delicate (ahem) nature. I have tried Bare Minerals, the Neutragena Line, and of course, E.L.F.'s attempt at cashing in on the mineral cow. Bare Minerals was ok, but a little too pink for me. Neutragena's Mineral Sheers are very light and great, but too dark for me as I begin to develop my winter pallor.

I tried the following Physician's Formula Mineral Wear products:

  • Tinted Moisturizer
  • Loose Powder
  • Illuminating Veil
  • Perfecting Concentrate
Tinted Moisturizer
The tinted moisturizer is awesome. Not too thick, not too thin, and easily blendable. It also has SPF 15. Yay. I recommend this hands down.

Perfecting Concentrate
I paired the tinted moisturizer with the Perfecting Concentrate. It's like a Swiss Army knife. It can be used as a spot concealer, overall foundation, or sheer powder. I use it as an under eye concealer and to cover up my the ridiculous amount of red that is my nose. I look like Rudolph after he goes on a 3-day bender. The pen-like applicator is also super portable. You can stick it in your pocket or your purse, and the tiny kabuki brush works amazingly well for the range of applications. Epic win. Rocky vs. Drago win.

Loose Powder
This is another super sweet find. It can be worn as a light powder, or applied as a foundation. Again, the application range is amazing, the color blendable, and the pigments very fine. Minus 5 million points for the crappiest packaging in history. The container is cute, but useless, and unless your face is that of a small child, the kabuki brush follows the same line. I used my own big people brushes and loved the results of the actual product itself.

Illuminating Veil
I'm not a huge fan of matte, so I went with the illuminating veil. This has a nice, pearly finish. Not too sparkly. You won't look like an extra from Xanadu, I promise. They also have a mattifying version available. It gives the tinted moisturizer a refined, finished look without being heavy, or if you are going all powder minerals, it really softens and diffuses. You look hot.

I think I have found my new standards. This shit is the bomb. Get thee to the drugstore. The prices are also amazingly reasonable for the amount and quality you get: $8.00-14.00. And PF has some great bogo and half-off sales.

The PF website also has some informative (and mildly amusing) videos on using their products here.

Heart,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment